If you are good at listening, that doesn’t mean you will get a high band score in the IELTS listening exam. For getting a 7+ band score in listening you should know the proper way to use the IELTS listening answer sheet. The IELTS has 4 parts and it is listening, reading, writing, and speaking. In this article, I will discuss IELTS listening. Specifically, I will share the best way to use the IELTS listening answer sheet to get a 7+ band score in IELTS.
So let’s start.
What is IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System or IELTS is the English proficiency testing exam for non-native English speakers who are wanted to go to abord for higher study and work. It is arranged by the British Council, IDP, IELTS Australia, and also Cambridge assessment.
The first section of IELTS is listening. It is an important part to gain a high band score. There is 4 section of IELTS listening. Each section has 10 questions. You will hear 4 audio recordings during exam time. The total listening exam time is 40 minutes. But you will get the first 30 minutes to give 40 questions answer. And the next 10 minutes you will put the answer in the IELTS listening answer sheet. Here is the simple trick write the answer in the question paper within the first 30 minutes. Then place the answer on the sheet.
IELTS Listening Answer Sheet
- At the top, you will write your name in the candidate name section.
- Write name in capital letter and as like passport name.
- Then write the candidate number and center number.
- After that add the test date. ( day/month/year)
- And it is time to write your answer. The answer sheet has 2 sides, left and right. On the left side, you will answer 1 to 20 questions, and on the right side 21 to 40 questions.
- Always start your answer writing from the left portion and just after the number. Not the middle or right side.
- You will find marker 1 signature and marker 2 signature at the bottom of the 40 answer box. Don’t write anything in this section. It is only for an examiner.
- Also listening total section only for an examiner.
- Write all of these by using a pencil.
Key Points Of IELTS Listening
- First thing is that don’t be nervous. It is so important. If you are nervous in the exam hall, you won’t be focused on listening. So be cool and calm.
- Read all instructions attentively.
- Don’t mistake to write your full name on the answer sheet. The best practice is to write a full name like a passport name.
- Don’t forget to bring your passport.
- Always carry the necessary documents.
- Use sharp black color ink pencil.
- Write your answer first in the question paper.
- You will get 10 minutes to transfer your answer to the answer sheet.
- Don’t empty any questions. If you don’t remember or understand any answer, you can write it by guessing. Try to answer all questions.
Instructions To IELTS Candidates During The Exam
- Don’t open the question paper before the examiner gives permission.
- Write your name, candidate number, and candidate center properly. It is so important.
- Before the start of any section of the IELTS listening test, you will get instruction and follow it.
- You will hear the recording once only. There is no second chance. So listen carefully and answer it.
- After the end of 30 minutes, you will get 10 minutes to write your answer on the sheet.
Practice On IELTS Listening Answer Sheet
When you are preparing yourself for the IELTS exam, use the official IELTS listening test answer sheet. It will be easy to use it for you. You will get a benefit in the exam hall to use this answer paper. also, you can save time.
Don’t use white paper and pen during listening practice. The best way to get a high band score in IELTS listening to practice on the IELTS listening answer sheet.
Download the IELTS listening answer sheet pdf and print it. Then practice on it.
IELTS Listening Tips
- Practice listening every day.
- Try to complete 40 questions answer within 30 minutes
- Use headphone during practice.
- Don’t lose your attention from the audio recording
- Be multitasking and you will do listening audio, read the question, and answer it at the same time.
- You can listen to the audio podcast. My favorite podcast app is google podcast and it is totally free.
- Use a listening answer sheet and pencil.
In conclusion, If you want a high score in IELTS listening, always practice the Listening answer sheet and follow the above IELTS listening tips.
How do I answer the IELTS listening test?
If you want a high score on the IELTS listening test, you will answer the question properly. Here is the simple trick you can follow for giving an answer, Always practice on IELTS listening answer sheet and concentrate on recording.
How can I get listening 9 in IELTS?
If you want to get a 9 band score in the IELTS listening test, you will Practice different types of audio recording. Also, you can use the listening answer sheet for practice. Increase your concentration and multitasking skills. Podcast and audiobook listing is one of the best ways to improve your IELTS listening.
Can I take notes in IELTS listening?
Yes, you can take notes in IELTS listening. It is the best practice during the IELTS exam. But it consumes your time. You should practice it every day before give your listening test.
How I improve my listening in IELTS?
The best way to improve your IELTS listening is to practice on the listening answer sheet. Listen to various categories of audio recording. Podcast and audiobook listening is also a good way to improve listening. You can watch Hollywood movies without subtitles. You can watch late night tv show for improving your listening.
How many questions are there in IELTS listening?
IELTS listening has 4 sections and each section has 10 questions. In the listening test, you will answer 40 questions. Also, you will get 30 minutes for answering these 40 questions. Then 10 minutes you will transfer the answer to the answer sheet.
This is Mirajul Islam & I am a Biotechnology graduate from Rajshahi University, Bangladesh. I love to share my IELTS preparation experience with you. I am not a so-called IELTS guru. You will get top-notch tips & tricks to getting a 7+ band score.